After spending the past two years at Growth Accelerators, consulting for organizations like Adobe, Segment, and Salesloft, I was thrilled when Dave Duffield approached me about taking on the role of president at Ridgeline, his newest startup.
Why did I accept? Some reasons that come to mind:
- Ridgeline is headquartered in Incline Village, Nevada, near the shores of beautiful Lake Tahoe and where I love living.
- In the winter, we have a powder rule: Ski until 10:30 AM on days with fresh snow.
- In the summer, I can cycle the 2,700 foot climb up Mt. Rose before breakfast.
While the above are choice perks, I’m energized by Ridgeline for three reasons:
- I have the opportunity to work for Dave Duffield, Ridgeline CEO and one of the most successful entrepreneurs in the software business. He has founded and led six software companies, including enterprise leaders PeopleSoft and Workday. His success was built on core values, all of which have stood the test of time: people, customers, innovation, integrity, fun, and profitability. I’ve known Dave for 25 years, and I still learn something new from him with every interaction.
- I get to work with outstanding people. We’ve assembled an amazing group of leaders and employees from companies like SAP, IBM, PeopleSoft, Workday, Facebook, Uber, Intuit, Blackstone, DocuSign, Symantec, and Betterment. Our recent college grads are some of the brightest people I’ve ever met. Their alma maters include Cornell, Georgetown, UC Berkeley, Cal Poly, Purdue, USC, and many others. How lucky am I to be inspired every day by their energy and intellect!
- We have the opportunity to solve a big problem. Ridgeline is developing a purpose-built cloud platform for asset managers and advisory firms. Investment advisors are dedicated to the success of their clients but face the challenges of fee compression, regulatory compliance, legacy systems, and demands for a consumer-grade digital experience. We are on a mission to address these challenges, which is not for the faint of heart. These systems are complex and the application footprint is large, but the Ridgeline team is motivated and up to the task.
Today, we’re laser-focused on hiring talented software engineers and subject-matter experts. If you want to join me for the opportunity of a lifetime on the slopes in the morning and building a game-changing software company in the afternoon (and evening), check out the Ridgeline Careers page or send me a personal message.